Monday, June 1, 2009

LESSA Group


The group that meets every Saturday for working on the translation of the Sign Language Book finished at the end of April. For the last month, Grisel and I have been going over the revisions to find any errors. She has been working on getting all the pictures of the signs changed into Salvadoran Signs. We´re now through with this part, so now comes the printing of the books and teaching the Deaf how to use these as a way to teach their language. It´s been a long year in this process, but Praise the Lord the first book is finished. I will begin teaching the teachers on June 20th. Now we only have 5 more books to go, whew, I´m tired just thinking about it.


I want to thank the Portsmouth Reading Council for their help. The amount they sent will help with the purchase of these books so that the Deaf Teachers have the resources they need for teaching. I love how God puts desires in the hearts of others to help at just the exact time there´s a need. I serve an AWESOME God.

No comments: